Our Centres provide child-centered Early Years Learning Framework for Australia (EYLF) programs. The programming is based on observing children on a regular basis, evaluating their needs and planning activities from these observations. We aim to develop programs to meet the children’s needs and therefore enhance individual development. Each child will be pace guided to develop at an individual pace according to his or her unique, individual way. Programs are evaluated on a regular basis. The skills that the curriculum is based on through the Centre are:
- Fine and gross motor development
- Musical, Linguistic, Spatial, Creative and Aesthetic development
- Social/emotional development
- Interpersonal intelligence development
- Cognitive, Logical/Mathematical and Naturalistic Development
Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline
Our fully qualified preschool teachers educate your children under the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines (QKLG). Our focus is to ensure that all Kool Kids pre-schoolers will be school ready as our centre curriculum prepares your child in the following areas:
- A child’s social skills are a very important aspect of school readiness. Turn taking, sharing and participating in group classroom activities are an everyday occurrence within our preschool rooms.
- We prepare children to be emotionally ready for school by getting children used to a classroom routine, encouraging children’s self-help skills and assisting children to cope with change on a daily basis.
- Our preschool curriculum ensures that your child is developmentally ready for school. Kool Kids children participate in writing activities which encourages their pencil grip, letter formations and fine motor skills.
Our preschool teachers will complete a ‘Transition Statement’ for each child, which will be sent to your child’s prep teacher to ensure that there is a high quality of continuity of learning and your child is supported in their learning environment.
Government Approved Kindergarten program
The curriculum is based on the Early Years Learning Framework for Australia (EYLF) and embraces the inclusive vision that “all children experience learning that is engaging and builds success for life”.
At Kool Kids Early Learning Centres, we aim to remain at the forefront of excellence in providing quality care, support and education in your child’s early learning and development.
While the EYLF focuses on children from birth to five years, the Queensland Kindergarten Curriculum is unique in that it aims to specifically enrich children’s learning in the kindergarten year. In Queensland, the kindergarten year is the year before the preparatory year of schooling. Throughout the Kindergarten Year, children’s right to experience the joy of childhood is fundamental and learning is promoted through play, and emergent and planned learning experiences and interactions.
A new timetable for the Pre-school year at Kool Kids has been carefully planned and designed, which aims to familiarise your child with key learning areas they will face in their first year of school. These learning areas include numeracy and literacy, science, art, social emotional learning, music/drama and health and well being (sports, movement). Of course, play will always remain the main focus of our preschool timetable, as we continue to support, develop and extend your child’s individualism, interests, ideas and creativity.
We respect that you as a parent, are your child’s first educator and we embrace the vital role you play in your child’s life and their ongoing learning. We therefore aim to provide many opportunities for you to join your child in the classroom and encourage you to take part in various invitational activities throughout the year. If you cannot take part in classroom activities, your child’s teacher is always available to speak with you on an informal basis upon dropping off or collecting your child, to discuss with you any concerns, ideas or comments you may have.
For further information about the new Kindergarten Curriculum you can speak with your Kool Kids Centre Manager or your child’s Pre-school teacher.
Genki Japanese Program
Konnichiwa, Parents and Caregivers,
Welcome to the Kool Kids Genki Japanese website!
Read more about the Genki program
The Genki Japanese curriculum is an artistically delivered Japanese language course for young children at Kool Kids.
- Stimulates children’s development
- Understand another culture
- Musical components
- Interactive online learning
Read more about our curriculum
We have two fantastic Japanese teachers at our child care centres, Hiromi Sensei and Makiko Sensei.
Read more about our teachers