Welcome to Kool Kids Nerang
Welcome to Kool Kids Early Learning Centre Nerang. Our child care centre is located 5 minutes’ drive from Nerang Mall. We provide child care and early education for families living in Highland Park, Gilston, Nerang, Gaven, Carrara and Molendinar areas. Our modern and homely child care centre in Nerang offers long day care and kindergarten for children aged 6 weeks to 6 years from 6:30 am – 6:30 pm.
Our Nerang child care centre has a team of highly qualified and passionate early childhood teachers and educators who are dedicated to ensuring every child feels safe, nurtured, and inspired throughout their early years’ education journey. We provide families with daily updates and photos detailing their child’s learning and development, which is accessible on our family app.
Spacious and resource-rich environments
Kool Kids Early Learning Centre Nerang is designed to be a home away from home that encourages every child’s exploration. Our brand-new, resource-rich early learning environments have been carefully designed to immerse your child into a world of exploration, curiosity, and learning.
Each learning space extends onto our beautiful outdoor environment, which encourages endless ways and opportunities for play! Our outdoor environments include large forts and climbing equipment, an oversized sports field, a zen garden and yarning circle. We have eight separate playgrounds to ensure resources and equipment are age appropriate and designed for children to safely develop their strength, balance, and self-confidence through play.
Dedicated and passionate team of educators
Our team of passionate early childhood educators make up the heart of our Nerang child care centre. We know each child has unique talents and interests. Our experienced educators are passionate about helping every child succeed in discovering their identity and become confident, happy and resilient learners.
Delicious and healthy meals prepared on site
We provide children with nutrient-rich, fresh and seasonal whole foods created to please even the fussiest of eaters. For variety, our menu rotates every four weeks, with our cook catering to the unique dietary requirements of every child.
Here at our Nerang early learning centre, we believe that by encouraging active participation in food preparation (such as growing & harvesting fruit and vegetables, preparing, and helping cook the meal) – children learn to appreciate and understand the importance of healthy eating.
Book a tour to see why Kool Kids are happy kids. We look forward to meeting you and sharing this exciting journey with your family.
Play-based Early Learning Curriculum
Play is essential to every child’s learning and development at our childcare centre. It enables children to make decisions, learn, take risks, and have fun. Our experienced team of educators plan play-based learning activities in line with national standards. The Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) is designed to engage your child’s interests and allow them to experience each day in a new way, supporting their learning in the lead-up to primary school.
Our Early Learning Curriculum also provides children with
- Real Life experiences: Children participate in fun and exciting experiences such as woodworking, harvesting the veggie garden, caring for our worm farm and basic cooking skills.
- Sustainability Program: Each age group participates in a sustainability project that helps children embed sustainable practices into everyday life. Children learn about recycling, conserving water, growing food and the importance of looking after and protecting our planet.
- Music and movement programs: Our music programs have been designed to help develop fundamental skills that help support children’s self-regulation, memory and concentration.
- Sports Program: Our child care centre’s sports program allows the children to be active and learn about different sports and movements in a fun and engaging environment.
- Language Lessons: Our Genki Japanese classes are delivered by a native Japanese teacher, introducing the children to a new culture and language.
- Community engagement activities: We often have visits from local librarians, local police, and other community services in Nerang to help familiarise the children with their local community. We also have excursions to our local park Bischof Pioneer Park and our local primary school in Nerang to assist our Kindergarten children with their transition to ‘big school’.
Meet the centre manager
I hold a Diploma of Early Childhood Education & Cert 4 in Business. I have been working in childcare and early education since 2011.
I enjoy watching the centre grow and improve, being able to look back and reflect on our achievements. Creating a strong team full of passionate and involved educators that want to see the centre succeed as much as I do is key. I pride myself on building strong bonds and relationships with all children, staff and families as well as setting goals and constantly working towards improving services.
My favourite quote is “It takes a big heart to shape little minds”.
Looking forward to meeting you at our centre!
Nursery (0 – 12 months)
Our Nursery rooms offer:
- Nurturing environments where children feel safe to explore and discover
- Tummy time and physical activity
- Messy play and sensory activities
- Language-rich environments through play-based experiences such as music, singing and rhymes
Toddlers (1 – 2 years)
Our Toddlers rooms provide:
- Play-based music and movement activities that enhance sensory-motor development
- Opportunities for children to form relationships and develop their self-confidence
- Language-rich environments that support development through books and conversations
- Opportunities for children to explore literacy and numeracy through real-life experiences
Junior Kindy (2 – 3 years)
Our Junior Kindy rooms offer:
- Social learning through group and individual play throughout the day
- Interactive technology designed to promote gross and fine motor skills
- Language-rich environments through books and conversations
- Opportunities to learn about literacy and numeracy in a safe and inspiring environment
Senior Kindy (3 – 4 years)
Our Senior Kindy rooms provide:
- Environments that build a healthy physical and mental wellbeing
- Boundless opportunities for outdoor teaching and play
- Safe opportunities for risky play and extracurricular activities
- Active sport and language programs
Kindergarten (4 – 6 years)
Our Kindergarten rooms provide:
- A government-approved kindergarten program focused on literacy and numeracy through play-based learning
- The use of children’s interests as a vehicle for learning
- The development of social and emotional skills
- Enhanced self-awareness and respect for others
Our families love Kool Kids Nerang
- Fees effective from 10 July 2023
- Fees effective from 10 July 2023
- Fees effective from 10 July 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect from a centre tour?
A centre tour is a convenient way to experience the centre of your choice and meet with our qualified educators at a time suitable to your family schedule. Kool Kids also offers the virtual tour option in all our centres. Click here to book a tour online.
On the day of the tour, you’ll have the opportunity to observe practices and interactions within the centre environment. You’ll be able to see all the rooms and playgrounds, ask the team members any questions you have in mind, and get all the information you need to make the best decision for your child.
Do I have to be on a waitlist?
Kool Kids’ Family Support team will add your child’s name to our waitlist if one of our centres is currently full in your child’s age group. We will then contact you as soon as a place becomes available.
We also do monthly check-ins to review the availability, and you will receive a text message confirming if you’re still happy to remain on the waitlist each month. If you would like to get an update at any point, you’re welcome to reach out on our Web Chat or give us a call.
Our Family Support team can also help you find more G8 early learning centres near you, with the same offerings at the Kool Kids centre you are interested in that have immediate availability.
What can I do to help my child prepare for starting care?
It’s common for a child to experience separation anxiety when they first start child care. When you’re getting ready to start child care, you can help your child overcome anxieties by visiting the child care centre together for a Stay and Play session, and easing into new routines at home.
Click here to read more tips about how to make the transition easier for your child.
What should I pack my child for their first day?
Most of our Kool Kids child care and early education centres offer the following:
- Nappies and wipes
- Sunscreen and hats
- Nutritious meals prepared by our in-house cook
Some centres also provide sheets and formula, so you may not need to remember to pack them.
For nursery children, be sure to bring: nappy rash cream, dummies, bottles and teats, comfort toys or blankets, three spare outfits, spare socks and a plastic bag for wet clothes.
For toddlers and preschool or kindergarten-aged children, it’s best to bring: spare underwear, water bottle or sippy cup, sun hat, closed-toe shoes, two spare outfits, spare socks and a plastic bag for wet clothes.
Plus anything else your individual child may need, such as breast milk, a sleeping bag, a comforter or medication.
It’s best to speak to your centre of choice for a full list of everything included.
How do I get updates on my child's day?
Kool Kids uses Xplor Home as our family communication app. It is the best and easiest way to keep track of your child’s day. After you enrol your child with the centre, you can utilise Xplor Home to book child care days, manage your account, receive the photographs that capture your child’s learning, learn about your child’s progress, as well as keep up-to-date with upcoming centre events and important information.
What if my child gets sick?
If your child shows signs of an infectious illness when they arrive at the centre or becomes sick during the day, you may be notified that you need to make alternative arrangements or pick up your child from the centre, and keep them home until they are no longer infectious. While we understand that this can be inconvenient, Kool Kids is committed to maintaining a healthy environment and reducing the risk of infection for all children.
Under the Child Care Subsidy (CCS), families are allowed 42 absence days per child, per financial year. These can be taken for any reason, including public holidays and when children are sick, without the need for families to provide documentation.