An easy, tasty Mexican mince packed with plenty of vegetables.
1 tbsp olive oil
½ brown onion, diced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
500g lean beef mince
1.5 tsp cumin powder
3 tsp smoked paprika
1 carrot, grated
1 green capsicum, finely chopped
1x 400g tin of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1x 400g tin crushed or diced tomatoes
1.5 tbsp tomato paste
100ml salt reduced beef stock
- Heat oil in a large frypan on a medium heat.
- Fry onion and garlic for five minutes until softened.
- Add mince and stir until meat cooks through.
- Now add the cumin, smoked paprika, carrot, capsicum and kidney beans.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and stock.
- Simmer gently for 20 minutes, until the liquid is reduced.
- Serve with salad vegetables, basmati rice or tortillas if desired.
Prep time: 15
Cook time: 30
Good nutrition is essential for the health and wellbeing of young children. We are proud to partner with NAQ Nutrition, the Qld Division of Nutrition Australia, by producing recipes that are healthy, delicious and aligned with the Australian Dietary Guidelines.