Conveniently located opposite St Vincent’s Primary School off Nerang-Broadbeach Road, our child care and kindergarten centre is easily accessible to families in Clear Island Waters, Broadbeach Waters, Burleigh Waters, Mermaid Waters, Carrara and Robina.
We offer a creative and engaging child care and early learning environment in Clear Island Waters for children from birth to six years. Our highly qualified and dedicated team of educators are committed to making every child feel safe, secure and inspired to learn. We provide long day care and a government-approved kindergarten program between the hours of 6:30am and 6:30pm.
Our Clear Island Waters childcare and kindergarten centre provides families with daily updates and photos detailing their child’s learning and development, which is accessible on our family app.
Learning environments that inspire
You’ll enjoy an all-inclusive child care experience and your child will benefit from a play-based early education program designed to ignite a love of learning during the most formative years. Inspired by your child’s imagination and interests, we explore concepts of literacy and numeracy in a fun and engaging way.
Our modern childcare centre in Clear Island Waters offers large outdoor areas with adventure-filled playgrounds. Our outdoor play areas are purposely built including a veggie garden and an aviary with baby finches. The centre is well resourced and each area is specifically designed with young learners in mind.
Our indoor facilities include a state of the art library and exciting learning spaces designed by our educators to ensure the children have plenty of space to learn and explore. Kool Kids Clear Island Waters offers iSandbox, an interactive tool exclusive to Kool Kids that inspires imaginative play and fosters language development, as well as interactive TVs and iPads.
A dedicated team of educators
Our longstanding team of educators are passionate about nurturing and caring for children and supporting them on the early learning journey. Our educators bring their own personality into the rooms allowing for engaging learning environments and building strong relationships with the children. We understand that communication is critical between our staff and families and partner with our families to keep you informed every step of the way.
Healthy meals freshly prepared in-house
Establishing healthy eating habits from an early age lays the foundation for lifelong health and wellbeing. At Kool Kids Clear Island Waters, children enjoy a nutritious morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea, all prepared daily by our in-house chef.
Engaging extra curricular programs
At Kool Kids Clear Island Waters, as part of the daily fee the children can also enjoy extracurricular activities including a cultural program and Genki Japanese curriculum taught by our own native Japanese teachers. Nappies, wipes, and sunscreen are also provided by the centre.
Queensland Government approved Kindergarten Program
Our Clear Island Waters childcare centre proudly offers a kindergarten program to ensure your child is supported for their transition to school every step of the way. With a focus on language, literacy, numeracy, social skills and more, your child will become school ready.
As members of our Kool Kids community, we look forward to partnering with you to provide information, support, and high-quality education and care in your child’s formative years.
Our Family Support Team is happy to chat through your child care needs. Call them today on 1800 517 044 to book a tour at our centre, meet our team of educators, and learn more about why these first five years are so important for your child’s development.
Every day is full of learning, laughter and fun at Kool Kids Clear Island Waters!
Why you’ll love Kool Kids Clear Island Waters
We’re proud to provide the following facilities and services:
- A government-approved kindergarten program based on the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline (QKLG) and taught by a Bachelor-qualified early childhood teacher
- Interactive learning technology including iSandbox, an exciting interactive tool exclusive to Kool Kids that inspires imaginative play and fosters language development, as well as interactive TVs and iPads
- Nutritious meals and snacks prepared by our on-site chef, including Halal options
- Daily photos and updates on your child’s progress through our communication app
- Our Genki Japanese curriculum taught by our own native Japanese teachers
- Extracurricular activities including a sports program, cultural program, song and dance and Japanese (for no additional fee)
- Nappies and wipes included for your convenience
- A fully-airconditioned centre and on-site parking
- Regular in-house festivities for annual events and special occasions
- Educational children’s shows and special guests to extend on the children’s learning
- Extended hours from 6:30am to 6:30pm
- Flexible hours (9-hour, 10-hour or full-day sessions) to allow families to make the most out of their Child Care Subsidy
Book a tour to see why Kool Kids are happy kids. We look forward to meeting you and sharing this exciting journey with your family.
Meet the centre manager
Profile Coming Soon
Nursery (6 weeks – 14 months)
Our Nursery rooms offer:
- Nurturing environments where children feel safe to explore and discover
- Tummy time and physical activity
- Messy play and sensory activities
- Language-rich environments through play-based experiences such as music, singing and rhymes
Toddler (15 months – 23 months)
Our Toddlers room provides:
- Play-based music and movement activities that enhance sensory-motor development
- Opportunities for children to form relationships and develop their self-confidence
- A language-rich environment that supports development through books and conversations
- Opportunities for children to explore literacy and numeracy through real-life experiences
Junior Kindy (24 months – 35 months)
Our Junior Kindy rooms offer:
- Social learning through group and individual play throughout the day
- Interactive technology designed to promote gross and fine motor skills
- Opportunities to learn about literacy and numeracy in a safe and inspiring environment
Senior Kindy (36 months – 47 months)
Our Senior Kindy room provides:
- An environment that builds a healthy physical and mental wellbeing
- Boundless opportunities for outdoor teaching and play
- Safe opportunities for risky play and extracurricular activities
- Active sport and language programs
Pre School (4 years – 6 years)
Our Pre School rooms provide:
- A government-approved kindergarten program focused on literacy and numeracy through play-based learning
- The use of children’s interests as a vehicle for learning
- The development of social and emotional skills
- Enhanced self-awareness and respect for other
Our families love Kool Kids Clear Island Waters
- Fees effective from 10 July 2023
- Fees effective from 10 July 2023
- Fees effective from 10 July 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect from a centre tour?
A centre tour is a convenient way to experience the centre of your choice and meet with our qualified educators at a time suitable to your family schedule. Kool Kids also offers the virtual tour option in all our centres. Click here to book a tour online.
On the day of the tour, you’ll have the opportunity to observe practices and interactions within the centre environment. You’ll be able to see all the rooms and playgrounds, ask the team members any questions you have in mind, and get all the information you need to make the best decision for your child.
Do I have to be on a waitlist?
Kool Kids’ Family Support team will add your child’s name to our waitlist if one of our centres is currently full in your child’s age group. We will then contact you as soon as a place becomes available.
We also do monthly check-ins to review the availability, and you will receive a text message confirming if you’re still happy to remain on the waitlist each month. If you would like to get an update at any point, you’re welcome to reach out on our Web Chat or give us a call.
Our Family Support team can also help you find more G8 early learning centres near you, with the same offerings at the Kool Kids centre you are interested in that have immediate availability.
What can I do to help my child prepare for starting care?
It’s common for a child to experience separation anxiety when they first start child care. When you’re getting ready to start child care, you can help your child overcome anxieties by visiting the child care centre together for a Stay and Play session, and easing into new routines at home.
Click here to read more tips about how to make the transition easier for your child.
What should I pack my child for their first day?
Most of our Kool Kids child care and early education centres offer the following:
- Nappies and wipes
- Sunscreen and hats
- Nutritious meals prepared by our in-house cook
Some centres also provide sheets and formula, so you may not need to remember to pack them.
For nursery children, be sure to bring: nappy rash cream, dummies, bottles and teats, comfort toys or blankets, three spare outfits, spare socks and a plastic bag for wet clothes.
For toddlers and preschool or kindergarten-aged children, it’s best to bring: spare underwear, water bottle or sippy cup, sun hat, closed-toe shoes, two spare outfits, spare socks and a plastic bag for wet clothes.
Plus anything else your individual child may need, such as breast milk, a sleeping bag, a comforter or medication.
It’s best to speak to your centre of choice for a full list of everything included.
How do I get updates on my child's day?
Kool Kids uses Xplor Home as our family communication app. It is the best and easiest way to keep track of your child’s day. After you enrol your child with the centre, you can utilise Xplor Home to book child care days, manage your account, receive the photographs that capture your child’s learning, learn about your child’s progress, as well as keep up-to-date with upcoming centre events and important information.
What if my child gets sick?
If your child shows signs of an infectious illness when they arrive at the centre or becomes sick during the day, you may be notified that you need to make alternative arrangements or pick up your child from the centre, and keep them home until they are no longer infectious. While we understand that this can be inconvenient, Kool Kids is committed to maintaining a healthy environment and reducing the risk of infection for all children.
Under the Child Care Subsidy (CCS), families are allowed 42 absence days per child, per financial year. These can be taken for any reason, including public holidays and when children are sick, without the need for families to provide documentation.