Welcome to Kool Kids Isle of Capri
Conveniently located next to Surfers Paradise State School off Via Roma, Kool Kids Isle of Capri is a child care and early learning centre easily accessible to families in Broadbeach, Broadbeach Waters, Isle of Capri and Surfers Paradise. Our Isle of Capri child care centre offers long day care and kindergarten for children aged 6 weeks to 6 years from 6:30 am – 6:30 pm.
Our Isle of Capri childcare and kindergarten centre provides families with daily updates and photos detailing their child’s learning and development, which is accessible on our family app.
We’re one big happy family at Kool Kids Isle of Capri
We provide a nurturing child care and early learning environment in Isle of Capri near Surfers Paradise for children from 6 weeks to 6 years. Our smaller size means that children of all ages can play together and our educators can form close connections with each child.
Our modern childcare centre features a state-of-the-art library, a large outdoor area with an adventure-filled playground, a veggie garden, an aviary, a water play area and a range of exciting extracurricular activities.
At Kool Kids Isle of Capri we prioritise children’s safety by working in collaboration with our families, children, and community to connect and educate each other around the importance of child protection. We have a passionate, knowledgeable child protection champion within the centre who openly collaborates by providing support through handpicked resources that focus on all aspects of child protection. We work as a team alongside our families to ensure that all children are provided the highest quality education around their rights as children – in line with Bravehearts.
Every day is full of learning, laughter and fun at Kool Kids Isle of Capri!
Why you’ll love Kool Kids Isle of Capri
You’ll enjoy an all-inclusive child care experience and your child will benefit from a play-based early education program designed to inspire a love of learning during the most formative years.
We’re proud to provide the following facilities and services:
- A government-approved kindergarten program based on the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline (QKLG) and taught by a Bachelor-qualified early childhood teacher
- Interactive learning technology including iSandbox, an exciting interactive tool exclusive to Kool Kids that inspires imaginative play and fosters language development
- Nutritious meals and snacks prepared by our on-site chef, including Halal options
- Daily photos and updates on your child’s progress through our communication app
- Our Genki Japanese curriculum taught by our own native Japanese teachers
- Extracurricular activities including a sports program, cultural program, song and dance and Japanese (for no additional fee)
- Excursions to the Surfers Paradise school to prepare children for their transition to school
- Quarterly visits from the “Bike Police” to teach children about bike and scooter safety
- Nappies, wipes and bedding included for your convenience
- A fully air-conditioned centre and on-site parking
- Regular in-house festivities for annual events and special occasions
- Educational children’s shows and special guests to extend on the children’s learning
- Extended hours from 6.30am to 6.30pm
- Flexible hours (9-hour, 10-hour or full-day sessions) to allow families to make the most out of their Child Care Subsidy
Book a tour to see why Kool Kids are happy kids. We look forward to meeting you and sharing this exciting journey with your family.
Meet the centre manager
I’ve been working in early education since 2015. I hold a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care.
What I love about working in early childhood education is that I have the opportunity to change lives, and it is incredibly rewarding to witness a young child growing into an amazing individual. Yes, it’s hard and often exhausting, but it is so worth it!
Every child has the potential to bring something unique and special to the world. As early childhood educators, we help children discover their potential by treating them as capable and unique individuals. I have a vision of a world where people learn to respect, accept, and embrace the differences between us.
In a dedicated early childhood education and care centre, children have the opportunity to interact with their peers and develop social skills. They get to explore a range of activities that prepare them for a strong foundation when moving onto Primary school. Our main focus is to ensure all our children are socially and emotionally ready for the big school, as well as providing them with love and support.
Our educators focus on building strong relationships with each child. We believe children learn best in a positive, inclusive, and nurturing environment, where they feel safe and secure, which is what the Kool Kids team and I aim to do. We have a Zen garden where the children can go and relax while exploring many activities on offer and shared yard where the children can work on their gross motor skills and hand and eye coordination while learning from their peers.
We want our families to feel like you are part of the family when you and your child start at Kool kids, by providing a nurturing and loving environment for your child with our passionate and enthusiastic team.
Junior Toddlers (0 – 2 years)
Our Toddlers room provides:
- Play-based music and movement activities that enhance sensory-motor development
- Opportunities for children to form relationships and develop their self-confidence
- A language-rich environment that supports development through books and conversations
- Opportunities for children to explore literacy and numeracy through real-life experiences
Junior Kindy (18 months – 3 years)
Our Junior Kindy room offers:
- Social learning through group and individual play throughout the day
- Interactive technology designed to promote gross and fine motor skills
- A language-rich environment through books and conversations
- Opportunities to learn about literacy and numeracy in a safe and inspiring environment
Preschool (3 – 5 years)
Our Preschool room offers:
- A government-approved kindergarten program focused on literacy and numeracy through play-based learning
- The use of children’s interests as a vehicle for learning
- The development of social and emotional skills
- Enhanced self-awareness and respect for others
Our families love Kool Kids Isle of Capri
- Fees effective from 10 July 2023
- Fees effective from 10 July 2023
- Fees effective from 10 July 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect from a centre tour?
A centre tour is a convenient way to experience the centre of your choice and meet with our qualified educators at a time suitable to your family schedule. Kool Kids also offers the virtual tour option in all our centres. Click here to book a tour online.
On the day of the tour, you’ll have the opportunity to observe practices and interactions within the centre environment. You’ll be able to see all the rooms and playgrounds, ask the team members any questions you have in mind, and get all the information you need to make the best decision for your child.
Do I have to be on a waitlist?
Kool Kids’ Family Support team will add your child’s name to our waitlist if one of our centres is currently full in your child’s age group. We will then contact you as soon as a place becomes available.
We also do monthly check-ins to review the availability, and you will receive a text message confirming if you’re still happy to remain on the waitlist each month. If you would like to get an update at any point, you’re welcome to reach out on our Web Chat or give us a call.
Our Family Support team can also help you find more G8 early learning centres near you, with the same offerings at the Kool Kids centre you are interested in that have immediate availability.
What can I do to help my child prepare for starting care?
It’s common for a child to experience separation anxiety when they first start child care. When you’re getting ready to start child care, you can help your child overcome anxieties by visiting the child care centre together for a Stay and Play session, and easing into new routines at home.
Click here to read more tips about how to make the transition easier for your child.
What should I pack my child for their first day?
Most of our Kool Kids child care and early education centres offer the following:
- Nappies and wipes
- Sunscreen and hats
- Nutritious meals prepared by our in-house cook
Some centres also provide sheets and formula, so you may not need to remember to pack them.
For nursery children, be sure to bring: nappy rash cream, dummies, bottles and teats, comfort toys or blankets, three spare outfits, spare socks and a plastic bag for wet clothes.
For toddlers and preschool or kindergarten-aged children, it’s best to bring: spare underwear, water bottle or sippy cup, sun hat, closed-toe shoes, two spare outfits, spare socks and a plastic bag for wet clothes.
Plus anything else your individual child may need, such as breast milk, a sleeping bag, a comforter or medication.
It’s best to speak to your centre of choice for a full list of everything included.
How do I get updates on my child's day?
Kool Kids uses Xplor Home as our family communication app. It is the best and easiest way to keep track of your child’s day. After you enrol your child with the centre, you can utilise Xplor Home to book child care days, manage your account, receive the photographs that capture your child’s learning, learn about your child’s progress, as well as keep up-to-date with upcoming centre events and important information.
What if my child gets sick?
If your child shows signs of an infectious illness when they arrive at the centre or becomes sick during the day, you may be notified that you need to make alternative arrangements or pick up your child from the centre, and keep them home until they are no longer infectious. While we understand that this can be inconvenient, Kool Kids is committed to maintaining a healthy environment and reducing the risk of infection for all children.
Under the Child Care Subsidy (CCS), families are allowed 42 absence days per child, per financial year. These can be taken for any reason, including public holidays and when children are sick, without the need for families to provide documentation.