Children love to explore our spacious outdoor areas at Kool Kids Southport!
Our modern child care and early learning centre in Southport provides a nurturing and engaging environment for children from birth to six years. We’re proud to hold an “Exceeding” rating under the National Quality Standard.
Conveniently located just down the road from Southport Park Shopping Centre, Kool Kids Southport is easily accessible to families in Southport, Ashmore and Surfers Paradise.
Our childcare centre features bright and modern indoor spaces, and we’ve recently updated our spacious outdoor environments. They include adventure-filled playgrounds, cubby houses, sandpits, a pirate ship, a water play area and a beautiful veggie garden.
Every day is full of learning, laughter and fun at Kool Kids Southport!
Why you’ll love Kool Kids Southport
You’ll enjoy an all-inclusive child care experience and your child will benefit from a play-based early education program designed to ignite a love of learning during the most formative years.
We’re proud to provide the following facilities and services:
- A government-approved kindergarten program based on the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline (QKLG) and taught by a Bachelor-qualified early childhood teacher
- Interactive learning technology including iSandbox, an exciting interactive tool exclusive to Kool Kids that inspires imaginative play and fosters language development, as well as interactive TVs and iPads
- Nutritious meals and snacks created with Karla Gilbert and prepared by our on-site chef, including Halal options
- Daily photos and updates on your child’s progress through our communication app
- Our Genki Japanese curriculum taught by our own native Japanese teachers
- Extracurricular activities including a sports program, cultural program, song and dance and Japanese (for no additional fee)
More reasons to love our centre
At Kool Kids Southport, you’ll also enjoy:
- Nappies and wipes for your convenience
- A fully air-conditioned centre and on-site parking
- Regular in-house festivities for annual events and special occasions
- Extended hours from 6:30am to 6:30pm
- Flexible hours (9-hour, 10-hour or full day sessions) to allow families to make the most out of their Child Care Subsidy
Book a tour to see why Kool Kids are happy kids. We look forward to meeting you and sharing this exciting journey with your family.
Kool Kids Early Learning Centre Southport has proudly received an Exceeding rating under the National Quality Standards! The National Quality Standard encompasses the 7 key quality areas that are important for children’s learning and development.
Meet our Centre Manager – Karen Davis
What are your qualifications and experience in early education?
Bachelor of Early Childhood and over 5 years experience working with children with additional needs.
Can you tell us about your time working in early education so far What inspired you to go down this career path? What do you particularly love about it?
I enjoy working in Early Childhood as i find it such a rewarding job. I love being able to watch children learn, create, investigate and grow. I also love being part of a team and working closely with families and the community. I am committed to creating an environment where children feel safe and secure and can become the best versions of themselves.
What have you learnt about children during your early childhood education and care career, and how does this guide your teaching style?
I believe that through play children develop the foundations for further learning which include exploration of their environment, who they are and where they fit within our world they belong. I also believe believe in the importance of responsive and reciprocal relationships, where children’s voices are heard & parents are viewed as partners, collaborators and advocates for their children. We love to involve families into every aspect of the curriculum.
How do you explain to families the learning benefits of attending a dedicated early childhood education and care centre compared to learning at home?
Childcare gives a child an opportunity to develop social skills, which helps them form healthy relationships with other people. Early start child care will help them learn how to get along with other children, share and take turns, listen to others, communicate their ideas and become independent. They’ll also develop literacy and numeracy skills, emotional resilience and most of all they develop a lifelong love of learning.
Tell us about your team?
Our team here at Kool Kids Southport are passionate, dedicated and caring educators who love what they do. Most of our Educators have been a part of our Kool Kids family for almost 10 years and we are a close knit team.
In what ways do you show support to your families? How do you build a good relationship with your families?
We believe in developing strong relationships with families, where they feel safe and secure by creating an environment that our centre is their home away from home. We look forward to you joining our Kool Kids Family.
Nursery (6 weeks – 18 months)
Our Nursery room offers:
- A nurturing environment where children feel safe to explore and discover
- Tummy time and physical activity
- Messy play and sensory activities
- A language-rich environment through play-based experiences such as music, singing and rhymes
Toddlers (1.5 years – 2.5 years)
Our Toddlers room provides:
- Play-based music and movement activities that enhance sensory-motor developement
- Opportunities for children to form relationships and develop their self-confidence
- A language-rich environment that supports development through books and conversations
- Opportunities for children to explore literacy and numeracy through real-life experiences
Junior Kindy (2.5 years – 3 years)
Our Junior Kindy room offers:
- Social learning through group and individual play throughout the day
- Interactive technology designed to promote gross and fine motor skills
- A language-rich environment through books and conversations
- Opportunities to learn about literacy and numeracy in a safe and inspiring environment
Senior Kindy (3 – 4 years)
Our Senior Kindy room provides:
- An environment that builds a healthy physical and mental wellbeing
- Boundless opportunities for outdoor teaching and play
- Safe opportunities for risky play and extracurricular activities
- Active sport and music program
Preschool (4 – 5 years)
Our Preschool room provides:
- A government-approved kindergarten program focused on literacy and numeracy through play-based learning
- The use of children’s interests as a vehicle for learning
- The development of social and emotional skills
- Enhanced self-awareness and respect for others
We’d love to welcome you to Kool Kids Southport. Please fill out the below form to register interest and one of our friendly staff will contact you to discuss your needs.
Please note: filling in this form does not guarantee a place. We recommend visiting a centre for a tour and meeting our friendly educators.