Welcome to Kool Kids Ashmore
Welcome to Kool Kids Early Learning Centre Ashmore. Our child care and early education centre is located 5 minutes’ drive from Ashmore City Shopping Centre, making it ideal for families living in Ashmore, Carrara, Benowa, Bundall, Molendinar, Surfers Paradise, Southport, Main Beach and Labrador area. Our homely early learning centre in Ashmore offers long day care and kindergarten for children aged 6 weeks to 6 years and is conveniently open from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm.
Our child care and kindergarten centre in Ashmore has a team of highly qualified and passionate early childhood teachers and educators who are dedicated to ensuring every child feels safe, nurtured, and inspired throughout their early years’ education journey. We provide families with daily updates and photos detailing their child’s learning and development, which is accessible on our family app.
Spacious and resource-rich environments
Kool Kids Early Learning Centre Ashmore is designed to be a home away from home that encourages every child’s exploration. Our brand-new, resource-rich early learning environments have been carefully designed to immerse your child into a world of exploration, curiosity, and learning.
Each learning space extends onto our beautiful outdoor environment, which encourages endless ways and opportunities for play! Our outdoor environments include large outdoor free spaces, a veggie garden that the children look after, a quiet zen garden area, a cubby house, sandpit areas, natural gardens and plants and lastly large interactive climbing forts. Children can safely develop their strength, balance, and self-confidence through play.
Dedicated and passionate team of educators
Our team of passionate educators make up the heart of our Ashmore early learning centre. We know each child has unique talents and interests. Our experienced educators are passionate about helping every child succeed in discovering their identity and become confident, happy and resilient learners. We are a multicultural early learning centre with several languages being spoken across our team including Japanese, Portuguese and Russian.
Delicious and healthy meals prepared on site
We provide children with nutrient-rich, fresh and seasonal whole foods created to please even the fussiest of eaters. For variety, our menu rotates every four weeks, with our cook catering to the unique dietary requirements of every child.
Here at Kool Kids Early Learning Centre Ashmore, we believe that by encouraging active participation in food preparation (such as growing & harvesting the fruit and vegetables, preparing, and helping cook the meal) – children learn to appreciate and understand the importance of healthy eating.
Book a tour to see why Kool Kids are happy kids. We look forward to meeting you and sharing this exciting journey with your family.
Play-based early learning curriculum
Play is essential to every child’s learning and development. It enables children to make decisions, learn, take risks, and have fun. At our Ashmore centre, our experienced early childhood educators plan play-based learning activities in line with national standards. The Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) is designed to engage in your child’s interests and allow them to experience each day in a new way, supporting their learning in the lead-up to primary school.
Our Early Learning Curriculum also provides children with:
- Real Life experiences: Children participate in fun and exciting experiences such as woodworking, harvesting the veggie garden, caring for our worm farm and basic cooking skills.
- Sustainability Program: Each age group participates in a sustainability project that helps children embed sustainable practices into everyday life. Children learn about recycling, conserving water, growing food and the importance of looking after and protecting our planet.
- Sports Program: Our future champs sports program allows the children to be active and practice their motor skills.
- Community engagement activities: We often have visits from local community librarians, local police, paramedics and other community services in Ashmore to help familiarise the children with their local community. We also have excursions to our local park Apex Park and the local primary school in Ashmore to assist our Kindergarten children with their transition to ‘big school’.
Meet the centre manager
I started working in early learning in 2003. I joined the team at Kool Kids Ashmore in 2018. I hold a Diploma of Children’s Services.
When I was 14, I knew very well that I wanted to make a difference in children’s lives. I wanted to be a support system that they can trust and bond with and be the one to guide them through their development stages and support them to reach their goals. I love watching them grow and guiding them to be and do the best they can in an engaging and exciting learning environment.
Children learn at their own paces. In this sector, every educator makes a positive impact on every child that they teach by support their growth and development for their future endeavors. Nothing is more rewarding in life than being a part of this journey.
High quality early childhood education gives children the best start in life. It provides opportunities for your child to make friends, develop independence and learn new routines. It also supports their transition to school. In an early childhood setting, children learn crucial skills like listening, sharing, and taking turns with others.
We have many long standing educators with some that have been working at the centre for over ten years. Our team of educators are passionate, hard working, caring and loving. They are all here for the same reasons I am – to support children and help them reach their full potential.
We build strong relationships with our families to benefit the growth of the children and provide the emotional support to the families when they leave their children in our care.
Nursery (0 – 12 months)
Our Nursery room offers:
- A nurturing environment where children feel safe to explore and discover
- Tummy time and physical activity
- Messy play and sensory activities
- A language-rich environment through play-based experiences such as music, singing and rhymes
Toddlers (1 – 2 years)
Our Toddlers room provides:
- Play-based music and movement activities that enhance sensory-motor development
- Opportunities for children to form relationships and develop their self-confidence
- A language-rich environment that supports development through books and conversations
- Opportunities for children to explore literacy and numeracy through real-life experiences
Junior Kindy (2 – 3 years)
Our Junior Kindy room offers:
- Social learning through group and individual play throughout the day
- Interactive technology designed to promote gross and fine motor skills
- A language-rich environment through books and conversations
- Opportunities to learn about literacy and numeracy in a safe and inspiring environment
Senior Kindy (3 – 4 years)
Our Senior Kindy room provides:
- An environment that builds a healthy physical and mental wellbeing
- Boundless opportunities for outdoor teaching and play
- Safe opportunities for risky play and extracurricular activities
- Active sport and language programs
Kindergarten (4 – 6 years)
Our Kindergarten room offers:
- A government-approved kindergarten program focused on literacy and numeracy through play-based learning
- The use of children’s interests as a vehicle for learning
- The development of social and emotional skills
- Enhanced self-awareness and respect for others
Our families love Kool Kids Ashmore
- Fees effective from 10 July 2023
- Fees effective from 10 July 2023
- Fees effective from 10 July 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect from a centre tour?
A centre tour is a convenient way to experience the centre of your choice and meet with our qualified educators at a time suitable to your family schedule. Kool Kids also offers the virtual tour option in all our centres. Click here to book a tour online.
On the day of the tour, you’ll have the opportunity to observe practices and interactions within the centre environment. You’ll be able to see all the rooms and playgrounds, ask the team members any questions you have in mind, and get all the information you need to make the best decision for your child.
Do I have to be on a waitlist?
Kool Kids’ Family Support team will add your child’s name to our waitlist if one of our centres is currently full in your child’s age group. We will then contact you as soon as a place becomes available.
We also do monthly check-ins to review the availability, and you will receive a text message confirming if you’re still happy to remain on the waitlist each month. If you would like to get an update at any point, you’re welcome to reach out on our Web Chat or give us a call.
Our Family Support team can also help you find more G8 early learning centres near you, with the same offerings at the Kool Kids centre you are interested in that have immediate availability.
What can I do to help my child prepare for starting care?
It’s common for a child to experience separation anxiety when they first start child care. When you’re getting ready to start child care, you can help your child overcome anxieties by visiting the child care centre together for a Stay and Play session, and easing into new routines at home.
Click here to read more tips about how to make the transition easier for your child.
What should I pack my child for their first day?
Most of our Kool Kids child care and early education centres offer the following:
- Nappies and wipes
- Sunscreen and hats
- Nutritious meals prepared by our in-house cook
Some centres also provide sheets and formula, so you may not need to remember to pack them.
For nursery children, be sure to bring: nappy rash cream, dummies, bottles and teats, comfort toys or blankets, three spare outfits, spare socks and a plastic bag for wet clothes.
For toddlers and preschool or kindergarten-aged children, it’s best to bring: spare underwear, water bottle or sippy cup, sun hat, closed-toe shoes, two spare outfits, spare socks and a plastic bag for wet clothes.
Plus anything else your individual child may need, such as breast milk, a sleeping bag, a comforter or medication.
It’s best to speak to your centre of choice for a full list of everything included.
How do I get updates on my child's day?
Kool Kids uses Xplor Home as our family communication app. It is the best and easiest way to keep track of your child’s day. After you enrol your child with the centre, you can utilise Xplor Home to book child care days, manage your account, receive the photographs that capture your child’s learning, learn about your child’s progress, as well as keep up-to-date with upcoming centre events and important information.
What if my child gets sick?
If your child shows signs of an infectious illness when they arrive at the centre or becomes sick during the day, you may be notified that you need to make alternative arrangements or pick up your child from the centre, and keep them home until they are no longer infectious. While we understand that this can be inconvenient, Kool Kids is committed to maintaining a healthy environment and reducing the risk of infection for all children.
Under the Child Care Subsidy (CCS), families are allowed 42 absence days per child, per financial year. These can be taken for any reason, including public holidays and when children are sick, without the need for families to provide documentation.